Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Student Involvement and Leadership Organizations

  • All student organizations and group identities and logos should be approved by the Student Involvement and Leadership Center at Visit the Student Organization Identity Guidelines page for more information.
  • Once you have decided on a design you should refer to the Student Involvement and Leadership Center for the appropriate procedure to obtain funding approval. For fundraising requests, information can be found here.
  • All student organizations and groups must use a licensed vendor to produce your Boise State themed products or merchandise. Contact the Trademark Licensing office for guidance or questions on licensed vendors and/or artwork at or call (208) 426-4063. This applies whether the items are intended for:
    • the internal own use (e.g. tee shirts for an event)
    • items to be sold for fundraising.
  • Artwork must be approved by the Trademark Licensing office prior to production. Submit artwork to Submit your Campus Merchandise Order Form or contact the Trademark Licensing Office if you need further assistance in designing or ordering your products and approved distribution channels.


  • If a licensed vendor is not used, the University may not approve funding for the order.
  • If the shirts are to be sold a 12% royalty will be added to the price of the merchandise ordered through the vendor.  The vendor will undertake all the royalty reporting obligations on behalf of the club.   If the shirts are not to be sold, and are for members only use, please contact the Office of Trademark Licensing (  for a royalty waiver.

Please feel free to contact for further assistance.


Below are specific examples of student use.  Other instances of use is covered uniformly whether for use by students, staff, businesses, sponsors, and the general public.  

Business Cards

Students may not use the Boise State University logo(s) on business cards.  A business card symbolizes “employment” with an institution.  Students that are employed, such as graduate students, may request business cards with the department in which they work.  It is to department discretion to issue University business cards using the University templates.  Orders must be processed through the University Printing and Graphics Department.

Other Identification Cards

For students that require some type of identification card for external meetings that are with an organization or professional association, the design on the card should identify you as a student or part of an organization/association and should not match the official templates for employees, or use the University logo.  It is important that in such meetings you represent yourself as a student and do not inadvertently commit the University to something of which it is unaware or unable to fulfill, i.e. a marketing commitment or a contract.  The use of the University logo could infer that you are acting as an agent of the University which would be incorrect unless you were an actual employee.