In the licensing office, we are asked so often about “where can I find this” and “why don’t you have this”, we thought that we would provide an outlet to share information and also give you opportunity to send in your thoughts and ideas on Boise State branded merchandise. In this blog, we hope to highlight some key merchandise and other exciting projects that the Trademark Licensing Department is involved with.
Looking for licensees?
If you are looking for licensees, you can find lists of all Boise State licensees at this link: https://licensing.boisestate.edu/licensed-vendors/
If you are looking for a particular product, you may find this link easier to use. Choose the product that you are looking for. Remember to check Boise State. If you need contact information for a particular licensee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (208) 426-4063
The BroncoShop / University Bookstore is the exclusive retailer for Boise State University. The BroncoShop should have everything that you need to fill your day with blue and orange. If you see something that is missing please email us at licensing @boisestate.edu
Also have a look at your local farmers market this weekend. See some cool Boise State items? Look for the officially licensed Crafter certificate. We have a special program for local crafters who hand make Boise State themed items. Help support their craft and the University and only buy blue and orange and Bronco products that are licensed.
Football 2016 : What Color To Wear
As usual, we will be asking fans to wear particular colors according to the section of Albertsons Stadium in which they are sitting. These are due to be published soon.
The BroncoShop will be releasing limited edition game day shirts for each home game in the corresponding color, as well as a season shirt. More details will be published soon.
This year marks the 100th birthday of Lyle Smith, for whom our famous blue turf is named as well as the 30th anniversary of the Boise State Blue Turf®. Boise State will be celebrating this milestone with various events. We will also be releasing special merchandize for the occasion some of which we shall feature here. Building up to this celebration, we will be sharing facts, tidbits and stories.
Did you know?
- The first blue turf was installed in 1996, 26 years after Bronco Stadium, now Albertsons Stadium, was built.
- We were the first school to have a non-green football field. It was over 20 years before another another university installed a colored field.
- In 2011 Boise State obtained a federal trademark registration for “the color blue as applied to artificial turf”. Perform an internet search for “Blue Turf” and all you will see is Boise State references. So we really do own the blue turf…
- The NCAA does not ban colored fields, but the NFL does. It’s known as the “Boise State Rule“.
- It is a myth that ducks fly into the turf mistaking it for the river. However,”The Myth Is True, Ducks Do Crash On The Blue”, is still one of the best selling BroncoShop game day shirts. It was released for the home game against Oregon on September 3, 2009. If you have any suggestions for fun slogans or designs for the next season’s game day shirts, please email email@example.com.
Want to show your pride in the Blue Turf. We will be adding more items as the season progresses. In the meantime, here are some ideas for your tailgate
- Blue Turf cornhole game: https://www.victorytailgate.com/cp-24872-Boise+State+Broncos+Cornhole+Game+Set+Football+Field+Version.html
- Blue Turf picnic table http://www.picnictime.com/licensed-products/collegiate/boise-state/picnic-table-sport-blue-boise-state-broncos-digital-prin.html
- Blue Turf cheese board: http://www.picnictime.com/licensed-products/collegiate/boise-state/icon-natural-wood-boise-state-broncos-digital-print.html
Other articles about our trademark blue turf:
The 10 Best Fields In College Football (USA Today): http://fanindex.usatoday.com/2014/10/13/the-10-best-fields-in-college-football/
Mythbusting The Blue Turf (Bleacher Report): http://bleacherreport.com/articles/428654-mythbusting-finding-truth-in-the-10-greatest-lies-of-boise-states-bl
Boise State’s blue turf turns green
Idaho Statesman: http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article60496831.html
Fox Sports: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/boise-state-blue-turf-albertsons-stadium-grass-for-soccer-071315
The Blue Turf at 20: http://espn.go.com/espn/wire?id=2587848